Thursday, April 12, 2012

Present and Joy Filled

Easter weekend came and went...fast! Too fast! Always does when my family comes to visit.

Although it was really nice that my sister Sarah and my lil nephew Chase were able to come for an extra day as a result of the threat of snow getting in the way.

Watching Chase and Jordyn was pretty funny... the 2 of them are 8 days apart... and so completely different. Jordyn likes to just hang out and be a quiet couch potato. Chase likes to ride around on the noisy zebra talking his baby babble at a 'not so inside' voice. Jordyn has taken to trying to hit others. Chase didn't ... until he was around her long enough. Jordyn likes to throw her food. Chase really likes eating his (and hers). Jordyn really loved up Aunty Sarah. Chase didn't love up Aunty Shanon (insert sad face)...

Something in common: BOTH of them have CRAZY hair in the morning... and BOTH of them are stinkin cute!!!








It was nice to have Nanny (Mom) and Mog (Dave) here too. They were able to come early Friday so we got some good quality time in. I love watching my Mom snuggle my kids ... warms my heart.


Of course, the Easter Bunny was nice enough to leave some treats laying around the yard. Madison could hardly contain herself while running like the wind to collect them, Colton by her side. Jordyn managed to gather a few of her own and Chase was happy taking a ride in the wagon.

Catching a still photo of these two was probably the most difficult... they were just too speedy, lol.

Colton decided late Saturday night that he wanted to head back to my sister's to spend his Easter break catching up with her. Its always hard to see my family go.

So the 'school-less' days have been filled with me, the girls and a whole lot of whatever.

We have played outside, watched Barbies Mermaid Tail (a few times), gone grocery shopping, had play dates and coffee dates, workouts and Yoga, visits with Grandma Mary, walks, baking and experimenting with new recipes. I have done some much needed organizing around the house but not so much cleaning.

I made the choice that this week
Just Being Present
was going to be
Enough

To do what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it.
Having happy, playful, joy filled children brought a solid feeling of love into my moments this week and I valued that MUCH more than I do a clean house. I put me and them first this week... it felt SO good to not worry about much else (of course we really missed sharing it with Colton). Everything was relaxed and easy.
Its been nice just letting the days flow. Just letting everything fall in to place.
No rushing. No craziness. No schedules...

Each moment as it should be. 
Happy. Fun. Rewarding. 


Much Love, Shanon





No comments:

Post a Comment