Sunday, April 01, 2012

The Last Week (BACK DATED to Jan/12)

Okay so I just found this post in my list of 'posts' and realized it was drafted and not published. Oops! 
So that being sad on April 1st I'd like to take you back a few months to the week of January 12th, 2012.


Over the past week we have had a few fun events I've been wanting to write about. Unfortunately time isn't always on my side. One of my most wonderful friends, Allison, celebrated her 30th birthday.


I made her and her fiance, Jon, who was also celebrating his birthday, a yummy dinner on Wednesday night. That evening while cooking and getting things together for dinner I completely lost control of my daughters. They were loud and rambunctious creating major craziness in the living room upstairs. Madison continued her silliness well into the evening. A few times she climbed up on Auntie Allie's knees to let out a few 'funny' toots. I do have to admit, it gave us all the giggles.




We followed dinner with a scrumptious cake that we nicknamed the 'Diabetic Sugar Attack'. Jordyn tried a few times to feed it to her daddy with an extra large spoon from the utensil holder. I originally gave it to her while attempting to get dinner ready as a distraction. She kept it with her until we were done at the table.


  


 Afterwards Colton and Allie had a quick game of checkers...was definitely amusing to watch.


On Thursday Jamie, Madison, Jordyn and I headed over to OHS to watch Colton's basketball game. It's pretty awesome watching your child play a sport you once loved so much. I still remember my very first free throw. Facing the stage where everyone was sitting. Watching me shoot. Now here I am rooting for my own creation..."Go Buddy...shoot". I love it. Its entertainment at its finest. It gives me rushes of anxiety every time he gets the ball. Every time he shoots. Awesome. Completely awesome!!!


Thursday was also the first day Jordyn was able to sport a ponytail
...and how cute it was!!!


After the game my husband and I took the girls down from the bleachers to the court to play around. Madison wanted so bad to 'shoot hoops'. With Jamie's love of the sport, that makes him smile big. It was so enjoyable to watch the girls run around with basketballs...Madison trying to dribble. Jordyn just simply trying to hold it. We hung out there until Colton joined us for a couple baskets then headed home.

The weekend is passing by really fast. Friday night we joined 14 others at Jubilations for Allie's 'surprise' 30th. Sad to say I missed the surprise part but rumor has it Allison's reaction was nothing short of happy tears.

Jamie and I didn't have to be quick to relieve any babysitter. We got to enjoy the night without kids. While we were driving from one location to the next we sat in the car...quietly holding hands. For a moment the thought of 'awkward silence' ran through my head. I was then corrected by a quick reminder that 'no no no' it's not an awkward silence...its the silence itself that's awkward. No kids!!! Sometimes I can be quick to think that we should be discussing today...tomorrow...next week...right now. But really, in that moment, being quiet was exactly what we needed. It was a change and it was really really nice.

Saturday came quick and upon arriving home from Calgary I received a phone call that Colton was heading up to emerg. He had a fall at hockey and ended up with a mild concussion. After I picked him up we headed home to take it easy. He's pretty bummed that he won't be able to participate in any sports for at least a week but better to be safe than sorry. It'll go fast bud...don't worry!

I also learned some sad news yesterday from a blog I've been following for just a short time. A beautiful soul received his wings early. When I first came upon the "EB'ing A Mommy" blog (http://randycourtneytripproth.blogspot.com/p/tripps-story.html) I was very intimidated by Tripp's pictures. Initially I closed the site and then a few days later decided for some reason unknown that I would start from the beginning. There I discovered a wealth of information on a disease I had never heard of. 

Epidermolysis Bullosa."... a rare genetic skin disease called "EB". Any type of friction on the skin or mucous membranes causes blisters" 

As a mother I cannot even imagine the strength, courage and love it would take to try and keep your child happy and comfortable at all times. Courtney is a complete inspiration to me. Her dedication to her son is absolutely breath taking. Tripp's story is powerful. It makes me very thankful that I was blessed with 3 very healthy children. It makes me thankful that I have been given an opportunity to be a Mom. It makes me appreciate what I have. It makes me want to be the best mother I can be to my children even in the hard moments or the moments I don't have patience. Tripp's story has really touched my heart and I am happy for him that he has peace now. That he is no longer physically hurting and will be free from pain. Able to walk, run, play and laugh. As for Courtney, his mother, I know this will bring some sadness. I can only hope that Courtney and all their family will be given the same peace. My heart aches for them.

Rest at ease Tripp 

No comments:

Post a Comment